Image ID: 00321
A winter scene of the Bandstand in the Spa Gardens, which was opened in 1903 by the Mayor, Alderman William Moss. The foundation stone of the bandstand was laid on 9th August 1901 in the new Spa Gardens by Mr Robert Williamson. This was the first ceremony in Ripon to mark the coronation day of King Edward VII and was followed by a procession to the Cathedral for a Thanksgiving Service and later by a civic lunch in the Town Hall.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Culture and Leisure, Entertainment, Gardens
Organisation Reference: 140001