Image ID: 00344
This large 17th century property, Lawrence Fish Restaurant, 37 Market Place South is sandwiched between the Town Hall and the Yorkshire Penny Bank. The venue was well known to locals from the 1930s because of the ballroom, which was an important venue for social events. The building was originally the home of Hugh Ripley, who was last Wakeman and the first Mayor of Ripon in 1604-5. In 2018 it is the premises of Halifax Building Society who acquired the site in 1966.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Shopping and Services, Cafes
Organisation Reference: 141672
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate