Image ID: 00360
There was a weighbridge at the top of North Street until the early 1960's. One of the two traction engines is tilted at an angle, and it is likely that it has broken through the weighbridge. Although this photograph looks much earlier, part of the signage for Boots the Chemist can be seen on the roof of what at the time would have been Hebdens Ironmongers. Hebdens was sold to Boots in the late 1950's, and by 1960 had closed.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Industries, Street Scenes, Transportation, Industry, Streets, Transport
Organisation Reference: 142231
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate