Union Mill offices, King Street

Image ID: 00373

Union Mill offices, King Street

Date: 1907

The sign over the doorway of the building on the far left states 'Ripon Cooperative Flour'. The houses on the near left with the steps leading to the front doors ar the same today, though the building on the right has been demolished. Behind the Union Mill Offices is the gable end of the King's Arms, reputedly the oldest inn in Ripon, demolished in the 1950s. One person, reminiscing on looking at this photograph, recalled that when he was a lad there was a fish shop down the passage between the buildings on the right. He used to deliver papers for a newsagent on Bedern Bank who paid him 1d and he would then go to the fish shop and get a "ha'porth of each".

Courtesy of Unknown

Category: Industries, Places of Worship, Shopping and Services, Street Scenes, Cathedral, Hotels and Public Houses, Industry, Streets

Organisation Reference: A0107

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate

Buy this photo

£5

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus