Image ID: 00376
These cottages were located on the north bank of the Skell, just above the Bondgate Iron Bridge and opposite the Brewery. They were demolished shortly after this photograph was taken on 15th April 1958 and replaced by one bungalow. Note the manhole cover projecting out of the river as a sewer runs along the bed of the river.
Courtesy of Douglas Atkinson
Category: Housing and Domestic Life, Waterways, Housing, Rivers
Organisation Reference: A0110
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate