Ripon City Fire Engine

Image ID: 00459

Ripon City Fire Engine

Date: 1925

The image was taken at Old Bondgate Hall, later Plunkett's. The driver is Tot Hornby, Alderman T E ( Micky) Lavin stands near the radiator and Charles Harker is near the rear wheel. The vehicle was manufactured by Dennis. The late Ted Thorp revealed that this joint fire brigade (Ripon City & Ripon and Wath Rural District Council) gave a visiting Home Secretary the idea of starting a national fire service. He reasoned that if two councils could work well together, then more could.

Category: Emergency Services, Fire

Organisation Reference: A2403

Rate this image:

KeywordsFire

< Back to Search Results

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.

Dedicate

Buy this photo

£5

Buy
Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus