Jepson's Hospital

Image ID: 00486

Jepson's Hospital

Date: Unknown

An image of a drawing by George Fossick showing the original cottages in existence between 1680-1878. The building was replaced in 1878 by a red brick building that was occupied until recently by the Ripon City Club. The Jepson School had been founded through a bequest by Zacharias Jepson, an apothecary who died in 1672, to provide board and education to orphan boys and sons of local tradesmen who were poor. It was also known locally as the Bluecoat School due to the uniform worn by the pupils.

Category: Culture and Leisure, Educational, Arts and Crafts, Education, Schools

Organisation Reference: A3001

Rate this image:

< Back to Search Results

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.


Buy this photo


Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus