Image ID: 00496
Etherington's was situated at 1 Market Place on the corner of Kirkgate. It was previously occupied by J Bateman & Son (tailors and drapers). The shop was put up for auction in 1919, and closed in 1920, subsequently being taken over by Dixon Stephenson in 1922, who continued in the clothing line. The site is now (2017) occupied by the Skipton Building Society .
Courtesy of Robert Cox
Category: Culture and Leisure, Shopping and Services, Fashion, Shops
Organisation Reference: A3204
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate