Image ID: 00587
The photograph is taken from the banks of the River Skell, and shows the wooden footbridge. On the far side of the river stands Ostcliffe's Tannery which was still in operation in the late 1880s. It was closed by 1885, following the death of James Ostcliffe. The site was then acquired by the Trees family, builders, who eventually built Skellfield Terrace on the site.
Courtesy of Robert Cox
Category: Industries, Places of Worship, Waterways, Bridges, Cathedral, Industry, Rivers
Organisation Reference: B1805
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate