Cathedral Boys' School

Image ID: 00591

Cathedral Boys' School

Date: 1923

The Dean and Chapter donated the site on Priest Lane for the school which was erected and opened in 1853. Perkins & Son, Leeds were the architects, and it cost £900. The building was later extended by James Trees and Son, Ripon and also served as a Sunday School. A playing field, located next to it, was on the site where in 2018, the Cathedral Primary School stands. On the left is Mr Levens King (later Mayor of Ripon). Mr Caruth is possibly the teacher on the right.

Courtesy of Unknown

Category: Educational, Children, Schools

Organisation Reference: B3001

Rate this image:


< Back to Search Results

Dedicate this image

Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.


Buy this photo


Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus