Image ID: 00605
A large crowd watching the band of the Corps of Royal Engineers marching on East Market Place on the occasion of the presentation of the Freedom of the City of Ripon to them on 27 July 1949. The row of shops include 11 Market Place East William Parker and Sons Grocers. The Moss's dairy site became the Army and Navy store in 1960, then Dorothy Perkins in 1986 and Holland and Barrett in 2017.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Civic Life, Military, Shopping and Services, Armed Forces, Ceremonies, Civic Events, Shops
Organisation Reference: B3601
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate