Image ID: 00628
Victoria Hall was built in 1886 by founders of the subscription library on the junction of Water Skellgate and Low Skellgate by the Ripon Public Rooms Company as a public hall for the city, in which many functions were held over the years. It's architect was George Mallinson of Ripon. Subsequently it became a cinema, an Opera House (following extensive renovation in 1908), and finally a furniture workshop which caught fire and burnt down. Now it has been partly restored and is the Sigma Antique Shop (2017).
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Culture and Leisure, Educational, Military, Armed Forces, Children, Entertainment, First World War
Organisation Reference: B6510
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate