Image ID: 00629
A line of four delivery vans and drivers, taken in front of Appleton's shop which at that time was at 12 Kirkgate, before moving to the Market Place. The gentleman leaning against the first vehicle is Mr Jonas Gaunt. Jonas Gaunt was a pork butcher who came from Leeds c1920s and later traded under the Appleton name, continuing to employ Jack Appleton and his sister Gladys. According to local trade directories, the Appleton's butchery was established in 1811.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Shopping and Services, Street Scenes, Transportation, Cars and Lorries, Shops, Streets, Transport
Organisation Reference: B6705
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate