Image ID: 00686
Victoria Hall was built in 1886 on the junction of Water Skellgate and Low Skellgate by the Ripon Public Rooms Company as a public hall for the city, in which many functions were held over the years. It's architect was George Mallinson of Ripon. Subsequently it became a cinema, an Opera House, (following extensive renovation in 1908) and finally a furniture workshop which caught fire and burnt down. Now it has been partly restored and is the Sigma Antique Shop (2017).
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Culture and Leisure, Entertainment
Organisation Reference: D4815
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate