Image ID: 00804
The first six almhouses, adjacent to St Mary Magdalen's chapel, were designed by James Mallinson of Ripon, and completed in 1875. A further six houses were added across the road in 1892. The almshouses of the Hospitals of Mary Magdalen's, and St John's on Bondgate, underwent considerable restoration in the mid 1970's, to be re-opened in 1976 with indoor toilet facilities, new bathrooms and modern kitchens.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Emergency Services, Housing and Domestic Life, Places of Worship, Recently Added, Added October 2018, Churches, Health and Welfare, Housing
Organisation Reference: D5602
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate