Image ID: 00826
The Ripon Military Camp covered vast areas around Ripon, and accomodated up to 30,000 troops and workers whilst training and preparing for onwards journeys to the Front. Parts of the camp would continue to be used for demoblisation and repatriation in the years immediately after the war, though demolition would follow, and this image possible shows the hospital buildings being taken down, around the end of 1919-1920. The Camp had housed a large military hospital with 670 beds. The hospital was situated on the Pateley Bridge Road, opposite the turning to Studley, where the War Memorial stands today.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Military, Recently Added, Added October 2018, Armed Forces, First World War
Organisation Reference: D0601
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate