Image ID: 00835
The Gazebo in a state of disrepair in the early 1970's. Built as a folly in the early 18th century this feature lies at the far end of the garden of a large house, owned at the time by the Baynes family. It was likely to have been built around 1719 by Richard Baynes. His will refers to the burgage as 'Cuppola Close'. The propery is now known as 7 - 8 Park Street, the Gazebo has been restored and is now listed under the Planning and conservation Act 1990, for its special architectural and historic interest.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Culture and Leisure, Recently Added, Added February 2019, Archaeology, Gardens, Leisure
Organisation Reference: 140004
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate