Image ID: 00855
Located on Palace Road in Ripon, the building was erected between 1838-41 for the Bishop of the Diocese at an estimated cost of £10,000. The architect was W Railton of London. A chapel was added 1846-7 at a cost of £3,000. The premises served, in 1940 as a Barnardos evacuation centre for girls and in 1950 as Barnardos Spring Hill School - a residential establishment for children with special needs.
Courtesy of Cox, Robert
Category: Educational, Emergency Services, Housing and Domestic Life, Recently Added, Added February 2019, Health and Welfare, Housing, Schools
Organisation Reference: B0513
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate