Image ID: 00864
The foundation stone of the bandstand was laid on 9th August 1901 in the new Spa Gardens by Mr Robert Williamson. This was the first ceremony in Ripon to mark the coronation day of King Edward VII and was followed by a procession to the Cathedral for a Thanksgiving Service and later by a civic lunch in the Town Hall. The Bandstand in the Spa Gardens was opened in 1903 by the Mayor, Councillor William Moss.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Culture and Leisure, Recently Added, Added July 2019, Gardens, Leisure
Organisation Reference: 140009
KeywordsAdded July 2019GardensLeisure
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate